|Notes and assumptions:|
NFC Tiebreakers after Week 16:
- No possibility of tie games.
- Tiebreakers are as they would be at the end of the season, NOT as of right now.
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored.
- Divisional ties are broken first.
- If three or more teams are tied, apply that tiebreaker, not the two-team tiebreaker.
- Strength-of-victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams a team has beaten. It has nothing to do with point totals.
- The NFC #6 seed will have at least a 9-7 record. (Though the NFC West winner can be as bad as 7-9.)
- Locked berths: none.
- Clinched division: CHI, PHI.
- Clinched bye: CHI.
- Clinched berths: ATL, NO.
- Eliminated: CAR, DET, DAL, WAS, MIN, ARI, SF.
- Scenarios in which GB makes playoffs: win over CHI OR (NYG AND TB lose).
- Scenario in which NYG makes playoffs: win over WAS AND GB loses to CHI.
- Scenario in which TB makes playoffs: win over NO AND NYG loses to WAS AND GB loses to CHI.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
|Tied Teams||Record||Extra condition||Winner||Why?|
[NYG: CAR+CHI+DAL+DET+HOU+JAX+MIN+SEA+WAS (+WAS)
GB: BUF+DAL+DET+MIN+MIN+NYG+NYJ+PHI+SF (+CHI)
TB: ARI+CAR+CAR+CIN+CLE+SEA+SF+STL+WAS (+NO)]
Labels: football, NFC, NFL, tiebreakers