|Notes and assumptions:|
AFC Tiebreakers after Week 16:
- No possibility of tie games.
- Tiebreakers are as they would be at the end of the season, NOT as of right now.
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored.
- Divisional ties are broken first.
- If three or more teams are tied, apply that tiebreaker, not the two-team tiebreaker.
- Strength-of-victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams a team has beaten. It has nothing to do with point totals.
- The AFC #6 seed will have at least a 10-6 record. (Though the AFC South winner can be as bad as 9-7.)
- Locked berths: NE #1.
- Clinched divisions: KC.
- Clinched berths: BAL, NYJ, PIT.
- Eliminated: CIN, BUF, DEN, CLE, HOU, MIA, TEN, OAK.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
|Tied Teams||Record||Extra condition||Winner||Why?|
Labels: AFC, football, NFL, tiebreakers