|Notes and assumptions:|
NFC Tiebreakers after Week 16:
- No possibility of tie games.
- Tiebreakers are as they would be at the end of the season, NOT as of right now. (Example: PHI and DAL can only be tied if DAL beats PHI.)
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored.
- Divisional ties are broken first.
- If three or more teams are tied, apply that tiebreaker, not the two-team tiebreaker.
- Strength-of-victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams a team has beaten. It has nothing to do with point totals.
- The NFC #6 seed will have at least a 10-6 record.
- Locked berths: NO #1.
- Clinched divisions: MIN, ARI.
- Clinched berths: PHI, GB, DAL.
- Eliminated: TB, STL, DET, WAS, CHI, SEA, CAR, ATL, SF, NYG.
- Important Week 17 games: PHI @ DAL, NYG @ MIN, GB @ ARI, NO @ CAR.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
|Tied Teams||Record||Extra condition||Winner||Why?|
|DAL-MIN-ARI||11-5||ARI||MIN eliminated on conference record;|
Labels: NFC, tiebreakers