|Notes and assumptions:|
AFC Division Tiebreakers after Week 16:
- No possibility of future tie games.
- Tiebreaker winners are as they would be if the teams were tied at the end of the season, NOT as if the season ended right now.
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored. (Example: If HOU and MIA both finish 10-6, HOU wins the AFC South, but MIA doesn't win the AFC East.)
- Division ties are broken first.
- If three or more teams are tied, apply that tiebreaker, not the two-team tiebreaker.
- Strength of victory is the combined winning percentage (essentially, the number of wins) of the teams a team has beaten. It has nothing to do with point totals.
- Clinched division and first-round bye: NE.
- Clinched division and #3 seed: PIT.
- Clinched division and #4 seed: HOU.
- Clinched playoff berth: OAK, KC, MIA.
- Eliminated: everyone else.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
AFC Wild Card and Seeding Tiebreakers after Week 16:
|PIT-HOU||10-6||PIT||strength of victory|
Labels: AFC, football, NFL, tiebreakers