|Notes and assumptions:|
AFC Tiebreakers after Saturday games of Week 16:
- No possibility of tie games.
- Tiebreakers are as they would be at the end of the season, NOT as of right now.
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored.
- Division ties are broken first. (Example: If NE, BAL, and PIT all finish 12-4, break the BAL-PIT tie first. Then apply the tiebreaker between NE and the BAL-PIT winner.).
- If three or more teams are tied, apply that tiebreaker, not the two-team tiebreaker.
- Strength-of-victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams a team has beaten. It has nothing to do with point totals.
- Locked berths: HOU (#3).
- Clinched divisions: NE (first round bye).
- Clinched berths: PIT, BAL.
- Eliminated: IND, JAX, CLE, MIA, BUF, KC, SD.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
|Tied Teams||Record||Extra condition||Winner||Why?|
|DEN-OAK|| ||DEN||common opponents|
|Wild Card & Seeding:|
|CIN-OAK||9-7|| ||OAK||conference record|
|TEN||CIN eliminated on conference record;|
|NYJ-CIN-OAK||9-7||OAK||CIN eliminated on conference record;|
|CIN-TEN-OAK||9-7||TEN||CIN eliminated on conference record;|
|NYJ-CIN-TEN-OAK||9-7||OAK||CIN eliminated on conference record;|
Labels: AFC, football, NFL, tiebreakers