|Notes and assumptions:|
- No possibility of ties. PHI is ignored in these tiebreakers for that reason.
- However, if PHI does tie again, their two ties on the season would equal one win and one loss. An 8-6-2 record is equivalent to 9-7.
- Tiebreakers that don't affect playoff berths or seeding are ignored.
- Divisional ties are broken first. To break a tie between DAL, TB, and ATL, first break the tie between TB and ATL.
- The NFC #6 seed will have at least a 9-6-1 record.
- Locked berths: NYG #1, ARI #4.
- Also clinched berths: CAR, ATL
- Key games next week: DAL at PHI, NYG at MIN, CHI at HOU, CAR at NO, STL at ATL, OAK at TB.
- The complete tiebreaker rules are here.
NFC Tiebreakers after Week 16:
|Teams tied||Record||Who wins?||Why?|
|MIN-CHI||10-6||MIN||Conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5)|
|CAR-ATL||11-5||ATL||Conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5)|
|DAL-CHI||10-6||DAL||Conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5)|
|DAL-ATL||10-6||DAL||Conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5)|
|DAL-CHI-TB||10-6||DAL||CHI eliminated on conference record (8-4 vs. 8-4 vs. 7-5);|
|DAL-CHI-ATL||10-6||DAL||Conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5 vs. 7-5)|